Corporate Bank Privacy Notice – California Privacy Rights Act
California Privacy Notice – Effective 1/1/2023
If you are a California (“CA”) resident, please note the following about how we have collected, used, disclosed and otherwise processed your personal information over the past 12 months, as well as additional rights you may have with respect to your personal information.
- Identifiers, such as name, address, and email address;
- Contact information and financial information;
- Internet or network activity information, such as browsing history and interactions with our website;
- Audio, visual, and similar information, such as call recordings;
- Inferences drawn from any of the personal information listed above, for example, to create a profile about an individual’s preferences and characteristics; and
- Sensitive personal information, such as taxpayer identification number.
- No Sale or Sharing of Personal Information. We do not disclose your personal information in a manner that constitutes a "sale" or "share" under the California Consumer Privacy Act, as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act (“California Privacy Rights Act”). We do not sell your personal information.
- Data Retention. We keep your personal information for as long as needed or permitted in light of the purpose(s) for which it was obtained. The criteria used to determine our retention periods include (i) the duration of our relationship with you or your institution; and (ii) our legal obligations, including in the context of any applicable statutes of limitations, litigation or regulatory investigations. We may remove personal information for inactive accounts from our database, subject to any applicable legal or regulatory obligations. Furthermore, we may delete personal information from our database at any time and without providing any reason, as permitted by applicable law.
- California Privacy Rights. As a CA resident and subject to certain exceptions, you may have the right to access, correct and/or delete your personal information. To exercise these rights, please submit a form or call us toll-free at 1800 368 4021. We will undertake to verify that the individual making the request is the individual about whom we have collected personal information, or an authorized agent, by matching the identifying information that the individual has provided with the personal information maintained by us or through the use of a third party service provider.
You may designate an authorized agent to make a request under the California Privacy Rights Act on your behalf in certain circumstances. If you use an authorized agent for this purpose, we may ask you to verify your identity or that you provided the authorized agent signed permission to submit a request on your behalf. If you provide an authorized agent with power of attorney pursuant to CA Probate Code sections 4000 to 4465, it may not be necessary to perform these steps and we will respond to any request from such authorized agent in accordance with the California Privacy Rights Act.
You will not be penalized for exercising your rights to your personal information. And, if we deny your request, we will explain why.