Barclays’ lending appeals process lets you appeal a lending decision if you’ve been declined or aren’t completely satisfied with the terms of a lending offer.
Informing you about this process is part of our commitment to supporting you and your business. The process is monitored by an independent, external auditor to ensure that it’s fair and effective.
You can appeal if your lending application was declined and:
- Your company Group Turnover level is less than £25m
- Your Barclays Relationship Director has fully reviewed the lending application and you have provided them with all requested information
- Your lending application was declined in the past 30 days
- You have not previously appealed this decision
- Your existing lending isn’t subject to formal demand or enforcement or legal proceedings
- Your application doesn’t breach UK law and regulations, doesn’t involve cross-border transactions in countries subject to UN sanctions, and isn’t linked to a product which may be used to evade tax.