Having supported clients in international trade for decades, we have built the global networks, local support and expert solutions to help you trade efficiently and securely – and expand your trading opportunities with confidence.
Trade finance is a suite of financial products that facilitate trade flows and transactions between importers and exporters, across both domestic and international markets.
- Our trade finance solutions can help you mitigate risk, ensure payment security and maximise your working capital
- Barclays trade services, whether you are an importer or exporter, can give you the confidence to enter new trading partnerships and markets.
Find out about trade solutions
Letters of Credit
Why Barclays trade solutions?
- Through our global network of offices and Relationship Directors, we can support your trade activities in multiple markets
- Our Trade Specialists provide international expertise that you can access locally
- Our solutions incorporate features developed over many years of supporting clients in international trade
- As no two transactions are the same, we create solutions to meet your specific corporate needs each time
- You can also access the full range of Barclays’ trade-related expertise, such as foreign exchange management, risk management and international payment services.
Our Global ECA Financing team works with clients to provide holistic Export Credit Agency (ECA) financing solutions. The team works across the full credit spectrum, offering structuring, trade and working capital solutions.
We take a highly coordinated approach when working with ECAs to minimise operational risk and improve efficiency. This approach allows us to:
- Explore the full extent of what is possible with relevant ECAs
- Negotiate beneficial terms to achieve an optimal ECA financing solution
- Assist clients with terms and conditions of ECA-backed trade solutions so recommendations can be made on a financing proposal.
Barclays supports businesses seeking to expand internationally, from multinationals seeking new markets and managing transactions across different time-zones and currencies, to enterprises looking for support with their trade strategy. Our specialists are on hand to help you with a full suite of banking services, so that you can make the most of the global marketplace.
Exporting is GREAT
At Barclays, we are committed to working with the UK government (great.gov.uk^) to support UK businesses and their trading ambitions, from providing access to finance to offering the expertise of our teams of product specialists.Supporting reference
Supporting UK Exporters
At Barclays, we are committed to working with the UK Government to support UK businesses and their trading ambitions.
With a trade loan facility, BBR graphics was able to innovate and expand internationally as the printing industry began to struggle.
Working alongside Barclays and the UKEF, Carter Retail are now able to deliver sustainable growth both within the UK and overseas.
Partnering with UK Export Finance, Barclays was able to help Mechatherm use a Bond Support Scheme to fulfil its commitments and secure a contract with Alba.
Transatlantic Trade Opportunity
We explore the transatlantic trade opportunities for the US, UK and EU, and why now is the time for banks to rethink the way they support exporters.
Get in touch
To discuss your business requirements and how Barclays can support you, contact us today.