- Plans to introduce a Clean Air Zone in 2020, which will cover the most polluted area of the city, enclosed within the A4540 ring road.
- Cars, taxis, private hire vehicles and LCVs that do not meet the Euro 4 (petrol) and Euro 6 (diesel) emissions standards (broadly, pre-2015 diesel and pre-2006 petrol cars and LCVs) will be charged £8 per day.
- Buses, coaches and heavy goods vehicles (HGVs) that do not meet Euro VI standards (broadly, pre-January 2015 registrations^) will be charged £50 per day.
- Short-term exemptions from charges will apply to private cars and commercial vehicles registered within the zone.
- Permanent exemptions will exist for vans and minibuses registered to provide school and community transport and for vehicles in the disabled tax class.
- The fine for not paying the charge will be £120.
^Please note: Both Euro V and Euro VI vehicles were available from late 2013 to 2015.